CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Partakers of Christ

For the past couple months many of us have been hearing all the controversy about Oprah Winfey's worldwide classroom, and her radio program, as well as controversy over many Pastor's or preachers with television ministries, and their speaking out in what they believe to be the truth on the meaning of "eternal life". I've watched a few of the Youtube video's and have read several articles taken from various news columns written by far left, far right and all over in the middle, journalists, I've heard many describe it all as "scary" and/or "unbelievable". I must admit, when I think about what we may face in ten years down the road my heart could begin to beat just a bit faster out of a moment of fear. Then........His words come back to me......
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?"

Hebrews 3: 14
For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end.

The Lord tells us to heed His words, and not to walk carelessly or lay out our own paths for our lives. We don't know what will happen in the days to come.
Our only hope is Him! To have a close walk with Him, hold firmly onto His hand, listen closely to His words.
We can spend endless hours watching and listening to all of the "garbage" out there, and what we hear shouldn't surprise us. So much of what is happening has been foretold to us in His word.
Now is the time we must draw near to Him, know the truth for ourselves through His word, embrace our relationship with Him and His promises.
Read further 2 Timothy 3.

Jesus and only Jesus is our truth and our hope, our answer to any and everything to come today and for all our tomorrows.

May the Love of Jesus bring peace to your heart.

1 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Hey There New Friend!

I was so thankful I was able to meet you last weekend. And i wanted to say thanks for cleaning up my 'mess' after my session. Who's idea was that paper stuff anyway!